Dacane Surf Shop Surf Camps
TEACHING SURFERS SINCE 1993
We do kids surf camps, birthday parties (they will sleep well that night) Stag parties and team building just give us a e-mail
Camp and Lesson Info: Dacane Surf Shop has been an integral part of the surfing community since 1993, consistently offering quality service, products, and local knowledge of Nova Scotia. We have both male and female instructors available; with a maximum Instructor/Student Ratio of 1:5 so that you get the help you need and have lots of fun. The program is offered in Surf Camps and Private Lessons. The surf camp season runs on year round, with group classes running for approximately 1.5 hours. Private lessons are available all year round with classes running for approximately 1.5 hours. You are usaully pretty tired after this is over . Lance has been on team Canada surf team 3 times and has surfed all over the world ,watch his show and laught https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4KsqS8KTZ80 . Surfing is a great way to get out of the city and enjoy natural meet knew people and some people even loose weight. Its something you can do all year long.
Technique: Classes are presented in a progressive manner, with content depending on ability and experience. For beginners, we start on the beach with the essentials covering safety, paddling technique, the pop-up, and surfing etiquette. In-water components cover paddling, popping up, and reading the waves.
What to bring: Bathing suit, towel, snacks, water, waterproof sunscreen, camera, money for the canteen.
-Surf Camp (1. hrs): $75+tax per person-3 people or more
-Private Lesson/Semi Private (1. hrs): $149.99+tax per person 1-2 people ,
Take the private lesson, Lance Moore is great instructor, he is 3 time Team Canada Surfing Team worlds member
he has been teaching lessons for 23 years and surfed world wide , from Hawaii North Shore to France , Lance was even in Tim Horton’s commercial that he write and played him self . Learn the basics of surfing or go advanced and learn how to do floaters cut backs and catch more waves , if you wont to get better this is who you call
-Intro to surfing (1.5 hrs) $75 + tax (this is geared to someone thats already taken the beginner lesson and wants to learn more (3 people or more) *terms below.
after the Lesson if you wont to keep the equipment you can do so for a charge of $49.99 plus taxs and will have to Drop it off at World Head Quaters in Dartmouth
DIRECTIONS to our Surf Camps- if you get lost give us a call 1 855 434 8900
new iphone drop a pin just click on this below
1. Start out going EAST on BLOWERS ST toward BARRINGTON ST. (0.06 km)
2. Take the 1st LEFT onto BARRINGTON ST.
* If you reach GRANVILLE ST you've gone a little too far (0.1 km)
3. Take the 1st RIGHT onto SACKVILLE ST/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 102 S.
* If you reach PRINCE ST you've gone a little too far (0.2 km)
4. Turn LEFT onto LOWER WATER ST/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 102. Continue to follow PROVINCIAL ROUTE 102 N. (0.5 km)
5. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto BARRINGTON ST.(1.2 km)
6. Take the ramp toward DARTMOUTH/MACDONALD BRIDGE/TOLL BRIDGE. (0.4 km)
7. Turn RIGHT onto NORTH ST.(0.02 km)
8. NORTH ST becomes ANGUS L MACDONALD BRIDGE (Portions toll).(1.5 km)
9. ANGUS L MACDONALD BRIDGE becomes NANTUCKET AVE. (0.5 km)
10. Turn LEFT onto VICTORIA RD/HWY-322.
* If you are on SCHOOL ST and reach SLAYTER ST you've gone a little too far (0.6 km)
11. Turn RIGHT onto WOODLAND AVE/PROVINCIAL ROUTE 118 N.
* WOODLAND AVE is just past VANESSA DR (1.9 km)
12. Take the HWY-111 S exit, EXIT 1, toward HWY-7/HWY-318/MAIN STREET/EASTERN SHORE. (0.4 km)
13. Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 111 S/CIRCUMFERENTIAL HWY. (3.0 km)
14. Take the HWY-207 E exit, EXIT 7E, toward WOODLAND RD./COLE HARBOUR. (0.4 km)
15. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto PORTLAND ST/HWY-207. Continue to follow HWY-207. (15.6 km)
16. Turn RIGHT onto CONRAD RD.
* CONRAD RD is 0.6 kilometers past MURPHY RD (0.7 km)
17. CONRAD ROAD.
if you get lost please call us at 1 855 431 7873